Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Posessed Toys

  Last night, I was downstairs taking something out of the dryer. Suddenly, from the dark garage, I hear a revving motor sound followed by a little song. My son's four wheeler toy had come to life on its own. I jumped out of my skin and hauled it back upstairs before I processed what had occurred. There seems to be a short in the wiring or something that is triggering an action that is intended to function only when a button is pushed. I told my husband and he responded, "oh yeah, it did that to me the other day." Didn't think to warn me, huh?!

  I remember having a puzzle as a kid that played "How Much is That Doggy in the Window" when the pieces were all in place. One night, in the wee hours, the batteries began to die and the puzzle started to make a noise that can only be described as a cat in pain. My mother tore the room apart trying to find the culprit. When she finally found the puzzle, the batteries were built in and were not removable/replaceable. That was the night my mother killed a puzzle with multiple stab wounds inflicted by a butter knife.

  Have you ever had any toys that needed an exorcist?

2 comments:

  1. We had a toy that was never used and was kept in a closet. One day it fell and the battery was dying as it was randomly squawking a very creepy sounding "come play with me!" over and over again.

    We heard it coming from the closet and had NO idea what it was at first, until we opened the closet and it fell onto the floor. It went in the trash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a dog that said different things depending on which paw was squeezed. It scared my several times with random shouts of "Tummy!" In the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete