Monday, October 8, 2012

Kids Say...

I often wonder what other kids think about E's "ears" when they play with him. Most children are curious and ask innocent questions about E's devices or his signing. So far, they all seem to think E's differences are neat. Today, E went to stay at a friend's house who keeps him when our regular nanny is on vacation. This friend keeps two little girls as well. She told us that when one of the little girls heard that E was coming to play today, she said, "I wonder if he'll let me use his hearing things too." Later, the little girl said, "E gets to wear earrings." :-) It made me laugh to hear how she viewed E's hearing devices. To her, E's difference made him special and he got the privilege of "getting to wear earrings."

E is just as entertaining as ever. Tonight, E crawled up in my lap for a cuddle and began to fake yawn complete with "ahhhhhhhhhhh" and patting his hand over his mouth. He insisted that I join him in fake yawning. I have no clue how he comes up with this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment