Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Accidents

  Before his bath each night, we have started sitting E on the potty and reading a book. We are not actively trying to potty train. E is only 15 months old. We are just trying to get him used to the idea of the potty and give it a fun connotation since I have heard other parents say that their toddler is scared of sitting on the potty. Last night, E's potty sitting time coincided with a need to tinkle and he went in the potty! He of course did not know what he had done that was so great, but we made a HUGE deal out of it and then let him push down the handle himself to flush. Hopefully, with time, he will make the connection between eliminating in the potty and the praise he receives. If he does, potty training should evolve nicely!

  For the Labor Day holiday, we took E to the mall. E was less than happy about being in a stroller. I was trying to shop for him in Old Navy when he had a minor melt down over being trapped in the stroller. His dad took the stroller and went on out into the mall while I finished looking. A little while later, as we were shopping in another store, my husband started laughing and said, "you're a THIEF!" He held up a baby shirt that I had laid on top of the stroller while I was managing the fuss with E. When he took the stroller, neither of us had noticed the shirt. I have NEVER in my life stolen ANYTHING and I freaked. I could just imagine in my head a huddle of people going over security tape and talking about the shoplifting mom. We went back to the store and immediately placed the shirt back in its proper location. I am just glad it was an inexpensive item that didn't have that security tag thingy on it! Is "mommy brain" a valid defense in court??

No comments:

Post a Comment