Friday, September 9, 2011

What Do I Do Now?

  I will be unemployed at the end of the year. I have worked as a graphic designer for the company for over five years. For the past three years (after we moved for my husband's job) I have worked from home. I was informed yesterday that I will be laid off at the end of the year. It has nothing to do with my job performance or quality of my work, but rather that the company no longer thinks it works for them to have someone unable to be present in the office. I may still be utilized as a freelancer from time to time. Our family income will be severely diminished. Fortunately, I have until the end of the year to try to figure out a plan. Unfortunately, the outlook for employment around our area is not good. If you have any leads or connections, I am certainly interested!

  On another bummer note, we found out today that our options for cochlear implant brands may soon be extremely limited. There are three brands of implant. One of the brands is currently off the market via voluntary recall and they are working to release a new and better model. The brand that we had intended to choose is experiencing some issues and may very well be recalled for re-engineering. That leaves only ONE option and it is NOT the one we would have chosen. We feel that using this brand would certainly be settling and when it comes to our son, we do not want to settle. Our hope is that the other two brands get their acts together and get a new edition on the market before E is ready to receive his implant. E did great at his appointment today though and we are one step closer to having all of the medical evaluations complete.

God does everything for a reason.   - Yes, He does. At the moment, we just wish we could know what that reason might be.

God has a plan.   -  I'm sure he does. We are ready to do whatever is asked, we just do not know where to start.

Everything will be fine.  -  Um, ok....thanks.

Wow, that really sucks.   -  This is probably my favorite response because it is so very true. Sometimes, the best thing to do when someone is feeling down and out is to simply validate that they are completely within their rights to feel that way about the situation.

Just pray about it.  -  We are constantly in prayer over all aspects of our life. Please pray for us as well that we will be given clarity and direction.

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I've been jobless since mid-August and most of the applications I've been putting out there haven't turned up much.

    It does suck.

    I didn't realize 2 of the 3 brands were having some issues. Hopefully it will be resolved soon so you can get the one you want. I think it's best not to settle, since technically it's a lifetime decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughh, ugghh, uggh. You have some very unhappy coworkers too. I'll be praying for you and for the poor soul that gets hired and tries to get your big brothers to like them. No on will ever be you, so he/she can't possibly measure up. I am so sorry that this happened. I sure don't understand why, but I will pray that you can hang tight and trust and that the path will be very clear, very soon, so that you don't have to wonder if it's the right answer. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that LIFE is everchanging. We must put our life in GOD'S hands. I have the answers. God's our heart and soul...my goodness. I almost died. I thought I had the real answers. I could go on and on.
    God only puts things in front of us that we can handle. I just watched Joyce Meyer and she said that God had two questions about her. One is how she acted when she had hardly any money. The second was how she acted when she had lot's of money. So, I can only say treat this as an answer to God. You're both young and healthy. And you have an adorable child. Money can make you, or it can destroy you. Please don't allow it to destroy y'all.
    We Love y'all. Sam & Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, life is a b---- sometimes, huh? Here's hoping that many wonderful and interesting opportunities will come your way. You know the saying, "When one door closes, another one opens'. My boyfriend is a freelance graphic designer who was also was laid off a little over a year ago, so I can sort of relate.

    Best of luck to you and little E.

    ReplyDelete