Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Skinit for Cochlear

  When we received our big suitcase of equipment for E's cochlear, it included a voucher for a free Skinit for the processor. We finally ordered it and it arrived yesterday. My husband picked the Clemson Skinit. I have heard that they usually last about six months, so he decided that we would change to maybe Red Sox next :-)


Here is what the sheet of "skins" looks like when it arrives. I am not really sure what the set on the top and the set on the bottom are for. The ones in the middle fit the N5 processor and batteries. Because I only put the stickers on the portion of the processor that faces out, I had enough to put on all four of his batteries. 


TA-DA! E's Clemson Tiger cochlear processor! If you have other brands such as MedEl or Advanced Bionics, you can even put a skin on the coil portion. Obviously, that's not really possible with the open style of the Cochlear brand coil. I'm so excited that E will have options for expressing his style and making his device fun. I look forward to seeing what he picks out for himself when he is older. You can even design your own and being that mommy is a *ahem cough cough* GRAPHIC DESIGNER...he can design his Skinit any way he can imagine ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment