Tuesday, July 12, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. I have started signing in my dreams.

2. E is back to sleeping normally again! I hope it lasts.

3. We are really enjoying the show, "Switched at Birth".  We love seeing deaf issues addressed and hope that more people become educated while watching the show.

4. E likes Thai food. We just got a new Thai restaurant in town and E can really put away some noodles!

5. My sister-in-law bought E some foam pieces for the tub. They feature pictures and words like flash cards. E loves sticking them to the tiles and it gives us more chances to work on new signs.

6. Tooth brushing has become an all out battle. The days of E wanting to brush his own teeth are over. I now have to struggle with him to get those few teeth brushed. I am hoping it will be like other things though where, once he realizes that mommy IS going to win, he starts to cooperate.

7. I am a dork, but I am really looking forward to seeing the last Harry Potter movie. I think the main reason though is not for the movie, but because it means a date night for me and my hubby.

8. I am actually kind of tired of summer. Everyone is on vacation here and there (except me) and none of our friends' schedules mesh with ours. I miss seeing everyone! I used to think summer was for slowing down and relaxing a bit, but it seems that summer is by far the busiest time of the year!

9. E spent an hour last night playing with hats. He put his own sun hat on and then spent the rest of the time putting a hat on me and then taking it off again. Hat on, hat off, hat on, hat off, etc....all the while signing "hat." Until this point, we had to put hats on him that fastened under the chin because he would never leave them on. I do not know what sparked his sudden fascination with hats.

10. I always call a company if any product doesn't perform as it should. This has worked well for me and I am so excited when a company stands behind their products. I just received a new Kidde smoke and carbon detector in the mail today after I called and told them about the one that we have that seems to have become possessed. It's nice to know that good customer service does still exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment