Monday, July 25, 2011

Thank You

  I started this blog as a way to easily update our family and friends without having to make a million phone calls. I had never considered blogging before because I always thought I didn't have anything to say that would interest that many people. This blog quickly became a therapy for me. I found it cathartic to express the feelings and frustrations I had as a new parent of a child with hearing loss. I have met other parents that are walking the same path. I have received incredible encouragement. I was surprised to watch the number of visits to the blog increase exponentially. Our blog has been viewed almost 5,500 times since I began writing. I am so amazed to see how E's story is already reaching so many people.

  I post a link to the blog on my facebook when I have a new post. Many of the comments I receive are left on my FB page rather than our blog, but I am beginning to have comments left on the blog by people that I have never met in person. I absolutely love it! I cannot put my finger on exactly why, but when a person that does not know me personally cares enough to leave a message of encouragement, it just lights up my day. I guess it is because I know that they are not commenting just for my benefit or because it is simply the "nice thing to do." As a mother, I am always trying so hard to do what is best for my son and I am always wondering if I have managed to get anywhere near the mark. The encouraging words many of you have given me are more valuable to me than gold. I want to just say "thank you" to all of you that read E's story and have taken him into your hearts. I want to thank you for your comments. I get so overwhelmingly excited when I see that I have a new comment to read because I am given renewed courage to plow forward loving my son and being an advocate for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment