Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday's Ten

1. E likes to help fold clothes. He helps by unfolding whatever you just folded. He also thinks that underwear should be worn on the head.

2. E used to be a fantastic eater and rarely rejected anything. Now that we are moving away from baby food, he has decided to become picky. He seems to have inherited his father's texture issues.

3. I hired out our lawn care this week. My husband was unable to get the grass cut due to his work schedule, extreme heat, and our many summer storms. We only have a push mower. I watched as a man on one of those big mama jama stand up mowers came and did EVERYTHING in about thirty minutes. It was FABULOUS! It is not in our budget to have a lawn service, but I can absolutely see the appeal!

4. I am slowly purging everything in our house that is not machine washable. Believe it or not, our comforter on the bed was DRY CLEAN ONLY! Oh, the horror!!! Why would they even MAKE bedding that is not machine washable?! I guess it's for people that have no children or pets. The offending comforter has been removed and has been replaced with a very simple cotton duvet that whispers sweet nothings in my ear...."I am machine washable."

5. I need to start wearing my contacts again. When I was pregnant with my son, my eyes became too dry for my contacts to be comfortable. Once he was born, I found that it was much easier to grab my glasses in one hand than try to find a way to put him down long enough to put in my contacts.

6. I used to be really into exercise. I sadly must admit that it has now been well over a year since I have had a legitimate workout. I cannot bring myself to pick up E after I have been at work all day and then turn around and have him watched by someone else again while I go to the gym. I have serious working mom guilt and feel that I should soak up every second with my son that I can. How do any of you find time to workout? Right now, I am doing the baby play program. I regularly lift, carry, and "wrestle" with a giggling 22 lb weight :-)

7. The last time I was grocery shopping, I noticed that Beechnut has a new "textures" line. The line features odd mixtures that seem aimed at getting toddlers to eat their veggies by hiding them. They have things like pears mixed with green beans. It sounds nasty to me, but I figured it was worth a shot. After all, Jessica Seinfeld has a whole cook book dedicated to hiding the healthy stuff. I tried the sweet potato and zucchini mix with E and it was a hit! It looks like I might need to invest in that cook book. I think we could all benefit from a few more veggies in this house.

8. I am in love with our DVR. I just felt like I should confess that.

9. E has started to vocalize "ma ma" and will say it when he wants my attention. I cannot tell at all if he is making any association with the sound or if it is just one of the new mouth movements he is kicking around. He says "rah rah rah" and "bob bob bob" all the time. Most of his sounds are things that he thinks are fun due to the vibration or mouth shape. I am cautiously optimistic that "ma ma ma ma" might actually mean me!

10. It is a lot harder than I would have ever thought to come up with ten things I think anyone might be interested in knowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment