Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's About Time

  I emailed the pediatric audiologist at the hospital that we are considering. She emailed me back the next day. That doesn't seem all that impressive until you consider that she was out of the country at the time and will not be back in office until next Tuesday. She emailed me not once, but twice and is going to try to work with us to get an earlier meeting time than currently scheduled. This means a great deal to me since we have had NO CONTACT with our current ENT since April. When it comes to my child, I need to feel like the people that are working with him care about our family and think of us as more than a number. I am really hoping that we may have found that type of care. I am really looking forward to meeting with this audiologist soon. I do not think I should have to constantly contact someone and remind them that they are treating my child.

  When did it become our culture to do the bare minimum? When did it become acceptable to treat people as if you are doing them some grand favor by providing them the services promised? This extends far beyond doctors and hospitals. It seems I can't even get an order of fries lately without the person acting as if I highly inconvenience them by asking them to get off their butt and do a little work. If I performed the duties of my job with the apathy that I have experienced lately, I would certainly cease to be employed. I make a point to speak to someone's manager and commend them when I receive good service. I feel it very necessary to encourage those that seem to care. The unfortunate thing is, I haven't had to do this lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment