Saturday, May 28, 2011

Where's That Paci?!

  I was a little concerned that my son suddenly began showing interest in a paci. He doesn't want to sleep with it, he just wants to chew and suck on it during the day. I chalked it up to teething. He now has three teeth and an unfortunate new habit. He likes to GRIND his teeth! He does this while he is awake, but not while sleeping. OH it makes my SKIN CRAWL!!! I find myself frantically searching for the paci so he will chew on that instead of grinding his little teeth. Anyone else have any experience with this? How do you stop a baby from grinding his teeth?

2 comments:

  1. When you see/hear them doing it, rub their jaw and redirect to something they can chew on if needed. If it becomes attention seeking when he's older, ignore it. It usually passes on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the title of this post "Where's The Paci?" my first thought was "Oh no, they took it away without talking with me first." Nanny in Panic Mode, Nanny in Panic Mode. Then the page loaded and I calmed down. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete