Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Put it Back On

  E has been such a good boy about keeping his bandage on. He even sleeps with it on just fine. If he is playing, it gets a little hot and itches. E knows he is not allowed to touch it, so he grabs my hand and places it where he wants me to scratch :-) We took it off to give him a little break and the incision must be healing and itching. He asked me to pick him up. I picked him up and he went for what I thought was a hug, but he instead tried to slyly use my shoulder to scratch. Resourceful little guy, huh?! 

  The surgeon asked that we try to keep the bandage on until Tuesday. This morning, we took it off since we figured he would welcome the freedom. The compression of the bandage must actually be comforting because E went and got the wrap and brought it to his Daddy to indicate that he wanted it put back on. We were shocked, but complied. Who am I to argue against a bit of added protection? We go for the post-op check tomorrow. Hopefully, the healing is going well and we will be on track for activation soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment