Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Ugly, The Bad, and The Good

  The Ugly:  I talked with the hospital again. I have made certain that we will not be billed for the hotel room we had booked. I got the "new" surgical date moved closer than the one we were given Thursday. We are still trying to track down just what happened and where the communication breakdown occurred. I will be contacted Monday after the surgeon gets back in office to see if we can get an even better date for the rescheduled surgery since this not the first time the date was moved. E's case is supposed to be "high priority" but has not been handled as such. There is some major booty kissing going on! Stay tuned for more on "As The Stomach Turns."

  The Bad: Shortly after learning I will be laid off at the end of the year, I discovered that there was an opening in town for a graphics instructor. We live in a town where there is very little need for graphic design skills (as in zip, zero, nada) so I was amazed to find something right up my alley right here in town! It seemed so perfect and the timing was just amazing. I felt like God might be opening a door for me. I put a ton of time into prepping my portfolio and making a branding package. I got called for the interview. It really seemed to be falling in place. The interview seemed to go well. A little tiny ember of hope started to glow. It got snuffed out today. I received a letter in the mail telling me I was not the chosen candidate. I guess it's very nice that they let you know even if you weren't chosen. I just couldn't help but wonder why that carrot had been dangled in my face though if it wasn't meant for me. I don't think it would have been such a big deal except that it really did seem to just be tailor-made and set in front of me at the perfect time. I am once again really confused as to what in the world is going on in our lives right now. It just really does seem like the old saying, "when it rains, it pours."

  The Good: The good of course is my E. He is my smile. He has suddenly discovered giving kisses. We have always showered him with kisses, but E has suddenly decided that he wants to give kisses and that he wants to give them on the lips. I don't know where it came from other than seeing his daddy and me kiss. It is the sweetest thing! While sitting with me in the floor coloring, he suddenly stopped and looked up at me with puckered lips. I gave him a kiss and he clapped and giggled. He finds a new way every day to melt my heart :-) 
 
  My husband's parents drove up and spent the day with us today. It was wonderful to be able to spend time with them. These are the good things in life.


E Snuggling with Papa


2 comments:

  1. Sorry things haven't gone your way. I guess when it rains it pours. At least you are able to see some good which will keep you strong. Praying for you and your sweet little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting turned down for jobs is such a bummer and always feels like a disappointment - especially if it seems so promising to begin with.

    I've learned not to take it personally. It doesn't reflect on your skills and who you are - it just means they found someone that suits their needs better. Don't get too discouraged.

    I find it so strange that they rescheduled E's surgery without you knowing about it. I hope that gets resolved soon and without further hiccups. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete