Monday, April 9, 2012

A Little Off the Top

  I took E on Saturday for a hair cut. The lady that has cut his hair in the past was no longer working at the salon, so we were scheduled with someone else. They usually start out with the clippers and then use the scissors to trim and shape. After the first swipe with the clippers, I gasped! "A little trim" had turned into a full blown shearing! While E still looks cute, we like to keep his hair a little longer and this was not what we had in mind. Longer hair keeps more of a baby look that we like since we are in no hurry to make E look older than he is. When I got him home, my husband was not thrilled. "I thought you said you were taking him for a trim!," he said. I explained that I had no idea that the stylist had chosen such a short guard for the clippers until I saw that first pass. At that point, there is just no going back. The good news is, we have a while before E will need his next "trim" and I have learned the importance of specifying a size for the clipper guard. Interestingly, when E's hair is short, he becomes a blond like mommy!


No comments:

Post a Comment