Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Food, Glorious Food!

  I just made a batch of Nutella cookies. Oh, SO GOOD right out of the oven and so simple to make! I had never eaten Nutella until my husband and I went to Italy for our two year wedding anniversary. The stuff is a regular condiment over there and is found on pretty much every table. Chocolate and hazelnut heaven is what this stuff is! Here's the recipe if you want to give it a shot:

1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 F. Blend all ingredients well. Form into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet. Press down firmly with the bottom of a glass. Bake 7-8 minutes or until set.

  Now, on the subject of food, E does not seem to be interested in transitioning away from baby food. Some days, he eats well and others, he turns his nose up at anything that doesn't come from a baby food jar. I just don't get it. The same foods that he devoured on one day are gagged and spit out the next. I am finding myself preparing so many different items trying to find one that he is willing to eat. Logic tells me that I shouldn't give in, but I worry that he isn't getting enough to eat unless I do. At first, I thought he was just not ready for the bigger solid foods, but he proved me wrong by chowing down on baked chicken. Anyone have any suggestions? How do you get a picky toddler to eat?

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what is different on the days he will eat solid food and the days he wants purees. Maybe he's having reflux sometimes? Probably couldn't hurt to rule it out.

    ReplyDelete