Monday, August 8, 2011

Yes, I'm Crazy

  I chased down a family in Walmart Saturday. I saw them signing and made a bee line for them. I introduced myself, my husband, and my son and had a pleasant conversation in sign language with them. I was so excited to meet them and E was excited as well. He is drawn to people that sign to him. He was blowing kisses to them :-) When we finished our chat, my husband looked at me and told me I was crazy. He said I probably scared them to death by being the crazy, overzealous lady that ran them down in Walmart. They seemed pleased to meet us, but I started thinking about what I would do if someone came running up to me saying, "you're blond too!!! It's so nice to meet you!" Now, granted being blond isn't quite the same thing, but you get the idea. I get very excited to meet other people that sign. I am always looking for an opportunity to learn more about the world in which my son lives. Has this turned me into a creepy, crazy lady? Fortunately, one of my friends knew the family and was able to tell them that I was glad to meet them and sorry if I came across too strongly. They thought my concern was funny and said that I had not frightened them.  I was glad to hear that my husband had been wrong and that my excitement to meet them had been well received. Having a super-cute toddler blowing kisses never hurts either!

No comments:

Post a Comment