Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day

E's Tiny Newborn Feet in Daddy's Hands

  Happy Father's Day to my husband and best friend. You were so excited from the moment you knew our little man was on the way. I loved watching you read the Bible each night to my belly and talk to your baby-to-be. When the day came that you held E for the first time, the amazement in your eyes filled my heart with so much love for you both. When we learned that we would face a different journey that the one we had prepared for E, you didn't bat an eye. You firmly decided that we would run straight into the new challenge together. I am so proud when the therapists and doctors remark on how nice it is to see a dad so involved. I know it is hard sometimes with all of the various commitments you have, but you have excelled as a Daddy for E. He thinks you are just the funniest person EVER :-) I love hearing him laugh as the two of you play together. I melt when I see you cuddled together in the recliner for a nap. I am so blessed that you are with me every step of the way in all that we face. I know that E will grow up admiring and loving you and that you will be his hero. I look forward to watching him tag along behind you wanting to be just like Daddy. What an amazing example you will be. We love you so very much and want to wish you a wonderful Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment