Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Birthday E!

  Happpy birthday my little one! This year went by so fast. One year ago, I kissed your sweet little face for the first time. We made your birth a party complete with a goodie basket for the nurses and music. From the moment you were born, you have always been such a happy and handsome little boy. This has been a very busy year for you full of so many changes. Some of them were unexpected. We discovered your hearing loss and have been on a high speed journey to make sure you have everything you need. You have made me so proud with the way you have taken everything in stride. You took to signing so easily and you are wonderfully attentive as we teach you. You are a ray of sunlight everywhere you go.

3 Days Old

  You love books. You especially love books that have flaps or textures. I hope this is a life long love for you. You are fearless. You launch head first into anything that grabs your attention. You meet every new experience without curiosity. You love sweet potatoes...so much that your nose had an orange glow for several months. You are a good eater, but the very best food in your opinion is anything that comes off of Mommy's plate. You are my cuddle bug. Every morning, we sit in the floor together and just snuggle for a bit. You are the BEST little snuggle baby. You hug me so tightly and jump your little legs excitedly every morning when I pick you up. You think your Daddy is the funniest person EVER. Everything Daddy does sends you into a fit of giggles. You may not be able to hear right now, but it certainly does not stop you from being heard. You are VERY loud! You are vocal from the moment you wake to the moment you drop off to sleep. Your laugh is contagious and it is by far my favorite sound. You love water, your blanket, swinging, being outside, and being naked :-) You are so easy going that there is not much you do not like other than taking a nap. You are Mommy and Daddy's joy and you keep us smiling and laughing all the time. I love you my sweet baby. I look forward to watching you grow, but will always miss the days when you were my tiny little snuggle bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment