Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pleasant Surprise

   When I got the latest circular in the mail from Toys R Us, I flipped through and noticed that there was a little boy featured wearing a cochlear implant! I tore out that page and have kept it on the side table in our living room. I think it is fantastic to see. I wonder how many other people noticed it? It just makes me smile to see one of the child models with his CI. After all, a CI is easily removed and nobody viewing the photo would have been aware that the child had a hearing loss. We made the choice to leave E's hearing aids on when we took him to have his one year photos made. He may not always wear hearing aids, but he does right now and it is part of who he is. We would never want him to look back and think that we were not comfortable with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment