Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

  Quite a few of the blogs I follow do this thing called, "Ten on Tuesday." I figured I would climb on that band wagon as well :-) It is a 10 point snippet to share a few things about our family. Welcome to my Ten on Tuesday:

1. E can walk, but he doesn't know it. He will take several unassisted steps if he isn't paying attention. As soon as he realizes that he is not holding anything, he will sit down. He walks holding my pinky finger which obviously doesn't actually help him, but he thinks it does and so he walks great!

2. E insists on brushing his own teeth. I am concerned that his teeth are receiving very little actual brushing, but he is so into doing it himself and looks forward to it. I don't want to ruin the good connotations he has with teeth brushing by trying to force it on him.

3. I don't think my house will ever be clean again—at least not until E goes off to college. I will have a messy house, but a happy kid.

4. I am having home improvement withdrawal. I haven't painted or redecorated anything in well over a year. The hideous wallpaper in hubby's bathroom taunts me.

5. I need another vacation. My last one has already worn off. I need regular sand-between-the-toes therapy to function.

6. I am sooooo tired of the every day rain showers we have. My dog has not been able to go to the dog park in months because the ground has no chance to dry.

7. E continues to make me laugh on a regular basis. He picks up on things so quickly and makes connections.   He picked up his brush and brushed his own hair then smiled at me and reached out and brushed my hair as well. It is so much fun to have your hair styled by your one-year-old :-)

8. I am really surprised to see so much of myself in E. When he was born, he had black hair and a dark complexion. I was certain he would be his daddy made over. As he has grown, his hair has lightened until it is almost blond. He has already started to have some of my same habits and preferences. It is common to hear my husband say, "gee...wonder where he get's THAT from" while pointing at me.

9. Our cat will NOT jump over the baby gate. It is much lower than the other places she will commonly perch, but the baby gate is her nemesis. She sits on the other side looking through the bars and crying to be let in. I even placed a chair against it for her to see that she can easily climb over. She sits in the chair, looks over the top of the gate, and whines. So, baby gate = cat forcefield.

10. The random buzz of hearing aid feedback is part of the new sound track of our lives. That left one is turned up so high though that even the feedback manager built into the hearing aid can't handle it all the time.  We really do not notice it much anymore, but we are reminded when we see someone looking around trying to identify the strange sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment